stampin up catalogue

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stampingwithanja/

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Moon light card


Some times it takes a lot of things to make a card............the challenge this month at Craft a Scene is moonlight.......and boy oh boy did I struggle with this one. My wastebasket is over flowing and my fingers have all kinds of distress inks on them. To be honest, I don't think I have ever made a card with the shining moon in it, I have drooled over other peoples creations.
So I searched and checked out blogs and galleries.....did some shopping....and then I came across this stamp from Stampendous, and I knew I had to buy it. The sample I saw at the store was done without a moon, and with Tim Holtz inkers, and those I don't have so.....I worked with what I do have , and believe me I am not short of anything, LOL. So I played with different colours distress inks and sponges, here is a list of the colours that made it for my final project:

spiced marmelade, tumbled glass, peeled paint oh and I started with SU so saffron.

I tried hard to bring in some light and darker colour tones and to show the moon light shining in the water. Glitter came out too but I quickly discovered that that was not gonna work for me. After I was happy with the image, I cut it out, matted it on a scalloped rectangle, used a Crafts Concepts embossing folder,fiskars border punch, some twine, black Viva pearls and a sentiment from Stampendous. So that is all about this card, a little bit of me and a whole lot of another unknown, talented crafter. My next card will be all me, I promise, but sometimes we all need a little help.

Hop on over to the blog and I hope you will be able to join us this month, looking forward to see all your creations!!

Have a great day, Anja

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zo, dit was dus echt een challenge voor je! Ik word helemaal tureluurs van wat je allemaal nodig hebt voor een kaart, maar het resultaat telt en dat is weer heel mooi. En jij bent zo te lezen ook weer even van de straat geweest.. Goed gelukt hoor, die maneschijn! Groetjes, Ingrid

NancyD said...

Anja, all your efforts paid off. I know how you feel about the struggle. I struggled over the last challenge. Your card is absolutely wonderful! Great job! NancyD

Elly said...

Een prachtig kaartje Anja!!

groetjes, Elly

Mieke'S said...

And after all these things, she was so tired ..... she slept a hundred years!

O boy...het lijkt wel een sprookje!
Mooi verteld van alle dingen die je deed!
Doe het je niet na!
Maar je kaartje is prachtig geworden...dat is zeker!
Fijne avond nog!
Groetjes Mieke'S

Colleen said...

Anja,
This turned wonderfully. I know all about the struggle and I'm sure this one is going to be a struggle for me as well.

Tinie said...

Als ik het zo lees, geloof ik dat het niet zo gemakkelijk gng, maar het is een heel mooi kaartje geworden!! Heel goed gelukt!
groetjes Tinie

craftieodmae said...

this is so gorgeous!!!! close your eyes and it's like being there! Awesome job!

Sheree said...

Gorgeous!!!!! You have nailed it with this one Anja! I LOVE that stamp and your sponging, colour choices and layout are done to perfection!
Well done!
Hugs,
Sheree

Kittie said...

This is lovely, Anja!

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous moonlight scene! Your efforts definitely paid off. TFS!

Barbara, said...

Amazing- I love these cards!