There are some new punches from EK out, to make dimensional flowers, I got the carnation one.
At first I wasn't so sure about the punch, to be honest, I had to play with them a little bit. I am not doing it as the instructions say...I tried but didn't like that as much so I watched different You tubes and I decided that I like to use a single strip and roll it around a small paint brush, making sure that the petals don't line up.
I put adhesive on the whole strip on the bottom and I cut the bottom in half, length wise, this way the flower doesn't get as high, which is nice if you want to use it on a card.
This doesn't change the outcome of the flower. I also added some seperate petals with glue at places where I thought it needed it.
I have also played with it in some different ways.......... I actually cut a few strips, then cut out all the petals seperate and applied them with glue around a little punched out circle, that was a lot of work, but the result is a nice flat flower.
Hoping to make some sort of tutorial about it but that is a whole new adventure for me!
For the rest of the card supplies: embossing folder Jo's circles from Craft Concepts, dp from
Pitter Patter Making Memories, swirls from a Marianne die, sentiment from Hero arts, Martha Stewart border punch and pearls made with a Viva magenta pearl pen.
All in all a long post, sorry, I hope it wasn't too boring!
Have a great day, Anja