stampin up catalogue

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stampingwithanja/

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Footprints in the sand.....

This month the challenge over at CRAFT A SCENE is beach scenes. I love going to the beach and enjoy the sun, the lake, swimming and some kayaking, especially when there are waves. We live about half an hour from the lake and we love it. Can you imagine sitting in that chair and looking at the waves? The poem is one of my favourites, I was so happy that I found a stamp, from Inkadinkadoo, with a part of the poem on it. This month our sponsor is RUBBERNECKER, and I happen to have some of their stamps. For this card I made a background using Tim Holtz distress inks, for the sky I used tumbled glass and then I stamped clouds from Stampscapes on it with the same ink. The water is done with broken china and faded jeans. The sanddunes (rubbernecker) and sand are done with antique linen. The green stuff is from Rubbernecker, cause a scene, and the seagulls from Stampscapes. The verse is stamped and embossed on acetate. The chair, (don't know who made it, it is a single stamp I had forever) is stamped and embossed on kraft paper, then cut out and popped up. Some brads and score lines to finish it off.

6 comments:

Mieke'S said...

Heel mooi kaartje!
Prachtige tekst!
Groetjes Mieke'S

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! I particularly like the sentiment going across the water. Wish I could sit in that chair now.

NancyD said...

Very, very lovely scene Anja! I would also like to be sitting in that chair, but it is a little chilly today where I am. Great work! NancyD

Scrap Affair said...

I love this! So relaxing and peaceful- I wan to BE there!

Tinie said...

Prachtige kaart!! En deze tekst is zooo mooi!
groetjes Tinie

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Anja this is just so very very lovely love this! thanks for sharing! maybe you might be blessed by this post too, as your card reminded me of it..Shaz in oz.x

http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/why-does-god-let-sad-things-happen.html